Hello everyone, I know we all are going to miss Don Williams who passed on recently.You'll agree with me that he a great Talent. Personally I love his soft sweet  voice which makes his songs hit the ears with such compelling melodies that  leave the listeners with no choice but to continue enjoying the songs. His voice, the instrumentals and the lyrics all work together to present such impeccable melodies that get to the soul. I call his voice 'soft-sweet -mix-bass'
Imagine waking up in the morning as early as 5:30 am and being treated with Don Williams songs. You know what? That's how I grow up! My elder brother has collections of Don Williams, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton etc and as early as 5:30 am you'll hear any of these Talents' songs.
You can see why I love Music.
Here is the lyrics of Don Williams  'I believe in you' got it from Lyrics.com.

I don't believe in superstars
Organic food and foreign cars
I don't believe the price of gold
The certainty of growing old
That right is right and left is wrong
That north and south can't get along
That east is east and west is west
And being first is always best.

But I believe in love, I believe in babies
I believe in mom and dad, and I believe in you.

Well I don't believe that heaven waits
For only those who congregate
I like to think of God as love
He's down below, He's up above
He's watching people everywhere
He knows who does and doesn't care
And I'm an ordinary man
Sometimes I wonder who I am.

But I believe in love, I believe in music
I believe in magic, and I believe in you.

I know with all my certainty what's goin'
With you and me is a good thing
It's true, I believe in you.

I don't believe virginity is
As common as it used to be
In working days and sleeping nights
That black is black and white is white                          
That Superman and Robin Hood
Are still alive in Hollywood
That gasoline's in short supply
The rising cost of getting by.

But I believe in love, I believe in old folks
I believe in children, I believe in you.

I believe in love, I believe in babies
I believe in mom and dad, and I believe in you.


Don Williams,we all will surely miss you, your songs truly rock this world and I 
must thank God for such a wonderful talent like you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog